Some key points to know:
- Make homemade dog foods that exceed AAFCO guidelines
- Use FRESH HUMAN GRADE MEATS, FISH, AND EGGS
- Easy To Follow Recipes
When making up your batch of Welly Chef we have simple cheat sheet of instructions for you to prepare it Raw, Oven-Baked, or Pan Cooked.
Pet Grocer Welly Chef Preparation Guide - Download a printable version HERE
Do you enjoy following along with the chef?
Pet Grocer Super Fan, Lucy Pepita, made an instructional video on the three easy ways to make Welly Chef AFFCO Balanced Meals.
Join Lucy in the kitchen while cooking up raw, oven baked, and stove-top Welly Chef & Ground Beef.
Skip ahead to these topics:
- 0:00 Welcome & Introduction to Welly Chef
- 2:20 What you will need - Kitchen items to gather
- 2:55 Measuring & rehydrating welly dry mix
- 4:27 Sourcing & adding the protein
- 6:04 Consistency of the mix
- 6:58 Feeding it raw
- 7:36 Oven Baking
- 10:28 Oven Temperature & Timing
- 11:26 Stovetop Cooking Method
- 13:45 Portioning Up Your Welly Meals
- 15:50 Feeding guidelines
- 17:23 Prepping for storage (portion recap)
- 18:40 Purchase & Instruction links at www.petgrocer.ca
Shopping List for this recipe (find them at Petgrocer.ca):
- Food Scale
- Scoop or dry measuring cup
- Liquid measuring cup
- Mixing Spoon and/or spatula
- Frying Pan (if cooking on stovetop)
- Baking dish or muffin tray (if baking in oven)
- Containers for portioning & storing finished meals
Pet Grocer Welly Chef Feeding Guide
*This feeding chart is an estimate only! Please monitor your dog’s body condition – if they start to gain too much then reduce the amount you feed. If they start to look skinnier than they should, then increase the amount you feed. Each body is an individual with different metabolism, and will need different amounts of calories to maintain a healthy weight.
**This video is meant for entertainment purposes only. Always consult a qualified veterinarian if you have questions about your pet**