Here is an easy to follow chart of how to 'wet dose' homeopathic remedies for dogs.
We often get asked how to use the homeopathic remedies that your vet or other holistic health care practitioner may recommend.
Homeopaths often recommend wet doses for dogs. Wet doses can penetrate deeper than dry pellets and it makes administering doses much easier.
You can easily prepare a wet dose as follows:
1. Place 2 - 3 pellets of your remedy of choice in a small glass cup or jar of spring or filtered water. (Never use unfiltered tap water and do not touch the pellets with your hands).
2. Stir vigorously, shake or 'succuss' (gently pound the base of the glass bottle against the palm of your hand) about 10 times.
3. A single dose is a teaspoon or a dropper. When you give it to your dog, give it in small amounts to make sure the liquid is on his gums for as long as possible. Put it into his cheek or onto his gums as you would the pellets. Don't be concerned about the amount as homeopathy is not given by volume as is other medicine.
4. When dosing consult an experience homeopath for pets to determine amounts and frequency.
5. Always use a clean spoon, syringe or dropper. Avoid touching with your fingers. Do not refrigerate the liquid. You can keep it on your counter for 2 or 3 days. Stir vigorously, shake or succuss it before each dose. If your water goes cloudy, toss it out and make a new batch.
**The content above is not to replace veterinary advice. Always consult your experienced holistic veterinarian prior to using supplements such as this.**